Part Time Master Control Operator
Full Time Master Control Operator
WSYT/WNYS, Syracuse, NY
WSYT FOX 68 and MY43 WNYS is seeking a part time and a full time Master Control Operator for its HD master control room. Previous master control operations experience in a file-based workflow and/or college degree or education in broadcasting/electronic media. We will train you.
Responsible for monitoring playout of four program streams to all platforms while ensuring proper audio and video levels, presence of closed captioning, maintaining correct timings in a automation playlist. Also responsible for managing the transfer of pre-produced program, commercial and promotional content from various file delivery systems, quality-checking and timing. Monitoring of some technical systems, including broadcast transmitters is required.
Punctuality and dependability, a working knowledge and familiarity with Windows PC operation, attention to detail and accuracy are a must. The ability to multi-task and read and follow instructions is required, as well as the ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Must be available to work fill-in shifts as needed, including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
WFFF, Burlington, VT
Join the country’s largest TV group and assume engineering oversight of stations located in one of America’s most desirable cities. You are looking to grow professionally with an industry leader in an exciting and growing market. We are looking for an experienced broadcast engineer who will keep our Fox and ABC stations on the air and technologically up to date. Nexstar is an EEO employer.
The Chief Engineer oversees the day to day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcast technology and equipment at the station.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Engineering Department
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
- Ensures station compliance with FCC rules and regulations, as well as all local, state and federal regulations applicable to the station
- Works with corporate leadership to develop and implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
- Manages the information technology staff and system
- Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
- Works with corporate leadership to manage engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Skills:
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Minimum five years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least three years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Strong PC/MS Office experience
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Chief Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Chief Engineer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply