Assistant Chief Engineer
KDRV-TV, Medford, OR
KDRV-TV, the Heartland Media-owned ABC affiliate in beautiful Southern Oregon, is looking for an Assistant Chief Engineer with the potential to step up and lead the engineering/IT department when our current chief retires later this year.
Our engineering/IT team works hands-on installing, maintaining and evolving a broad range of broadcast, IT and office equipment/systems at our main facility in Medford, Oregon along with two transmitters and a network of translators across our six county DMA.
Some of the key skills and qualifications we’re looking for in applicants for this position include:
- Minimum five years’ experience in broadcast engineering/IT required; supervisory experience is a plus
- SBE certification is a plus
- AS degree in electronics or IT equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience with AUTOCAD or similar programs
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Prior experience assisting in the preparation of operating and capital expense budgets helpful
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills; a “team player”
- Ability to perform effectively under extreme deadline pressure
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to use, transport, and lift equipment weighing approximately fifty (50) pounds
Our station is located in the Rogue Valley near the Southern Oregon Wine Trail and is just a short drive away from great hiking, mountain biking, skiing, golfing, fishing, whitewater rafting, the Britt Festival’s concerts under the stars, and the Tony award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival. If you still need an occasional big city fix, then Portland and San Francisco are just a short direct flight or a few hours’ drive away.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume, references and link to resume reel to: email@example.com
If by mail send to:
Attention: Office Administrator
P.O. Box 4220
Medford, OR 97501
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN IS REQUIRED
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license
KDRV-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Broadcast IT Engineer
WCNY – Syracuse, NY
WCNY, Central New York’s own member-supported public broadcasting station, is an exciting, cutting-edge multimedia company leveraging TV, radio, social media and print. WCNY reaches 19 counties and nearly 1.8 million people with content that inspires, educates, and entertains.
WCNY is seeking a Senior Broadcast IT Engineer for its television, radio, and networked computer systems. Qualified candidates will be responsible for engineering, design, installation, configuration, documentation, troubleshooting and systems maintenance for production, post-production, on-air, media encoding, quality control (QC), disaster recovery, electronic graphics, and all interconnecting data networks including LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, FM and TV transmitters. This position also requires hands-on technical support of PCs and Macs, telephony, and first-tier help desk support. This is a frontline position to providing top-level technical support and customer service to WCNY staff.
This position is part of the Engineering and Information Systems Department and reports to the CTO.
Candidate must be willing and able to travel to remote sites and facilities in Watertown, Utica, Pompey, and Albany, New York, if needed.
Our standard office hours are Monday to Friday, but with expectation of 24/7 emergency response and possibility of occasional evening or weekend hours during special events.
Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: